Pages

Thursday 21 July 2016

Birthday Celebrations at Sketch

So I had a wonderful week off work and it was also my Birthday! I watched Gilmore Girls all day, had a brandy and cranberry every evening and enjoyed some peace and quiet! I even had a week off from Gym, which was a stupid idea but I did enjoy being a vegetable. 
My countdown back to work was lingering but I was patiently waiting for this day, to finally go to Sketch. 
I only turned 24 this year but my Mum on the other hand turned 60 (her birthday was in june). I can't top that milestone, so I booked Sketch for us both for our birthdays to have some quality time with good friends, heres my day in pictures...
























The whole day was incredible and a wonderful experience that I'd love to do again. The table setting was divine, I loved the theme of the Afternoon Tea Pink room (Champagne Afternoon Tea may I add). I felt like I was in a Marilyn Monroe movie. I also loved the creativity and unique art work that we saw throughout the building. It feels like you're having tea in the Tate Modern, art surrounds you and thats very up my street!
The toilets were an experience of their own, Frank Sinatra was playing in my 'pod' and various other songs or voices were heard. 

And the food! It has to be the BEST gluten/dairy free afternoon tea I have ever tasted. The menu and food shown above are the Free From range! When I made the booking I informed them of my allergies, I always feel like I'm being incredibly awkward even though I've been eating like this for years I still have a nervous feeling come over me when I order or ask about ingredients. The staff were very reassuring and made no deal about my allergies. I felt 'normal' when it came to my menu which is a rare feeling. So thank you Sketch!



I hope you've enjoyed this blog and if you haven't been to Sketch before, take a look for yourself! 







CCX

No comments:

Post a Comment