Pages

Monday 25 July 2016

Free From Birthday Cake Recipe

I wanted to share my Birthday cake recipe with you all as this is the first Free From cake that i've made myself and I was pleasantly surprised with the results. Heres what I found- 






  • Udi's Gluten free Cake Mix 
  • Pure sunflower spread
  • Natural Extract Vanilla 
  • 2 Eggs
  • Goats Milk Yogurt
  • Unicorn candle ;)
Udi's say that it isn't dairy free as it explains on the box that you need to add low fat Yogurt but I just added Goats Milk Yogurt and it tasted amazing. 




  • Pre heat oven to Gas mark 5/180c
  • smother your cake tin in butter, I used a 9 inch round cake tin as advised on the box
  • pour the Udi's cake mix into a bowl
  • then add 5 tbsp of softened butter and beat until crumbly (as shown above)
  • add the 2 eggs and 1/2 tsp of Vanilla and beat
  • then beat in 1 cup of low fat Yogurt
  • spoon into prepared tin 
  • then heat for 40-45 minutes 
  • allow to cool for 10 minutes in Pan then turn onto rack to cool completely 
Thats it! 









I use Betty Crocker chocolate icing as it is already made up and dairy free! I applied the icing with a spatula and only used half of the one pot I bought. 



Tescos coloured strands, also wheat and dairy free. 




Ta Daaahhh! 


I applied the sprinkles on the sides by dipping a bread knife into boiling hot water then sprinkling the coloured strands onto the knife then applying pressure to the sides of the cake so it'll stick.

The Unicorn candle is from- http://www.asos.com/npw/npw-unicorn-candle-holder/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6100498&clr=Multi&SearchQuery=unicorn&pgesize=36&pge=0&totalstyles=98&gridsize=3&gridrow=12&gridcolumn=1 




This is me on my Birthday :) The cake tasted delicious and was easy and fun to make! Please try this recipe if you are Dairy and Gluten free like me and let me know what you think ! x

Outfit - https://www.prettylittlething.com/charis-coral-floral-embroidered-shorts.html 



CCX

No comments:

Post a Comment