Pages

Wednesday 16 August 2017

Florence to Rome= Travel Diary!



I'm back from the beautiful country of Italy! I've spent 3 nights in  Florence for a Wedding and 3 nights in Rome!
Heres my travel diary plus plenty of pictures and reviews on my outfits.
Enjoy!




As soon as we arrived to the beautiful City of Florence we got to our room and threw on our outfits for the evenings events. We met all the Wedding guests and of course the Bride and Groom to be and had a lovely evening catching up with friends outside enjoying the beautiful weather. I still can't get used to the heat that hits you whenever you step off a plane into a hot country, I was met with lots of nat bites and watery eyeliner but it was worthit. 
Plus I got dressed from my airport attire in 15 minutes! That has to be a world record for Girls... 

I had a vision of me in a Pink dress on the first night and then a beautiful Red dress for the wedding, not poppy red but RED! I spent over £500 on different dresses for these two events and luckily I found the two that I felt happy with. 
I styled this beauty with light Pink heels and my mermaid clutch bag.
This dress is very comfortable and flattering, I didn't need to wear a bra which was nice plus I bought this in a size 8 which after feeling the material I was regretting as it feels thick and tough but it surprisingly has allot of stretch but is tight at the same time.


The Wedding.






The day arrived to attend one of the most spectacular Weddings that I have ever been too. At first I was too hot and bothered to wear my tight red dress and was going to use my back up PLT one. Luckily I stuck to my main dress and it paid off! I felt very glamorous and suited for the incredible venue plus I was actually surprisingly  comfortable.
Again ASOS always comes through. I've lost count on how many times I pulled up ASOS and searched- Red Dresses...
Finally I found this beautiful dress from Lipsy (available on ASOS) I was going for the spanish emoji look and I think i'm quite close to it ;) 
Heels are from Missguided old collection.




After a incredible night dancing away and celebrating such a special occasion my Partner and I attended yet another cocktail event to say our goodbyes to the wonderful families of the Bride and Groom plus all of my Partners friends. 
I am posting my outfit picture (scroll down) but since it ripped throughout the day not from wear and tear as it was brand new but from the thin material which PLT seemed to be happy with I won't be reviewing this in too much detail. Who needs this in their life? especially while on Holiday. I do love PLT and will be tweeting their customer service team about this but I just have to let my followers know that it certainly isn't a dress I will be replacing even though I love the dress itself it is very poorly made. I would hate for this to happen  to any of you guys so please keep this in mind when purchasing. 



^^^^ :(




  After a quick change and a nap we met up with my Partners closest friends for a meal at the Hard Rock- Florence. 
I love the whole Hard Rock brand, my family and I love visiting the Hard Rock often for their incredible food, music and vibe! If you haven't been to one before, where have you been? 
Later on in the evening we walked through Florence town, we saw the beautiful Cathedral and the incredible statues which are pretty much everywhere. We walked for 30 minutes through the Town and back to our Hotel to get ready for our long drive to Rome the next morning :D


Just a glimpse of Florence town and this graffiti that will soon be taken down. 
History is incredible, we definitely felt like typical tourists throughout this trip. 





Rome.




We arrived in Rome after a wonderful 3 hour drive, my Partner drove in a rental car on their right side of the road but our wrong side lol and it couldn't of gone smoother. Thats until we actually arrived! Have you ever booked a hotel online and turned up realising its an absolute state? 
Well thats what happened to us, we booked with booking.com and planned to stay at the wonderfully reviewed Radisson Blu Hotel; even friends were saying how lovely it will be to stay there, I guess this is true but we wouldn't know as we didn't bother going inside. Nobody explained how bad the area would be, we both guessed as we pulled up that the Sat nav had sent us to the wrong hotel but it turns out we were wrong!

 After a quick turn around we stayed in our car and quickly booked a hotel called The Valdier... it did say that it wasn't near much but we didn't care. At this point we were desperate and all I kept thinking was Rome isn't like the movies. 
Thankfully we drove to our new hotel after the quickest booking of our lives and was so happy to see its perfect location and beautiful room! I wanted to hug the reception team after our stressful arrival. This is what Rome should look like! We was 5 minutes from the Spanish steps, amazing shops and the Trevi fountain. Everywhere we went was on foot and yes we did a years worth of cardio but it really didn't matter. The longest walk was to the Colosseum which was half an hour, not bad if you think about it thanks to Google maps. 
 Rome has so much beauty in it, you'll be walking through town feeling like you're walking through a museum. Every corner is a picture opp and the music and smells of the wonderful food is what brought it all to life for me.
 Throughout our stay we kept comparing and we couldn't praise the hotel Valdier more so thank you so much Hotel Valdier for having us!




First stop- Trevi Fountain :D 
I hit the streets with my beautiful Red PLT skirt and an old Tupac crop top from a shop in  America. 




A trip to the Vatican, I think this is where the muscle pain came from. 553 steps to reach the top but the view made it all worth while. 
Outfit is from Motel but bought from Depop I can't find this on the site sorry. Shoes are my trusty vans oldies but goodies! You can't have a comfy holiday without your Vans.
I had a Red Floral top, with my Blue Floral skirt and my Red Floral Vans, a strange combo but great for visiting the Church as you need your legs and arms covered. Inside I wrapped a red scarf around my shoulders.




Those who know me well know I had an insane fascination with Audrey Hepburn I still envy her elegance and beauty. One of her famous films Roman Holiday was made here and I enjoyed visiting the Spanish steps and small corners of Rome where certain scenes were filmed. I was overly excited to sit on the exact step that she was on in Roman Holiday, I feel like that in itself was a piece of History.
Heres a cute shop we found dedicated to Audrey and her style.





My favourite cocktail- Mojito !!!!


 In our room enjoying being a Tourist :) 


 Our beautiful Hotel Lobby 

After a very successful trip here we are on our last night, legs hurting, feet throbbing and brains aching from all the History we have soaked in throughout our past few days. 
My heart is still in Paris I have to say (most beautiful city in the world) but Rome is definitely a place I will hold great memories and love to visit again. 
Hope you enjoyed my Travel Diary, till next time...







CCX

No comments:

Post a Comment